Maintenance Fitter (3 shifts) Posted 9 months ago - Expired 8 months ago
Rotherham, South Yorkshire,
Permanent Full Time
- To provide a cost effective breakdown, repair and preventative maintenance service to the business.
- To reduce downtime, improve plant performance and reliability by identifying and implementing engineering solutions.
- To participate as an active member of the team.
- To work in a safe and orderly manner.
- Troubleshooting of known and unknown issues related to plant breakdown.
- To minimise equipment downtime.
- To diagnose and remedy equipment/plant faults.
- Ensure all breakdowns are carried out constructively and accurately.
- Ensure that all parts required are booked out correctly and recorded as necessary.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance tasks.
- Practise continuous improvement, innovation and pro-activeness for improved ways of working offering possible solutions to problems encountered wherever possible
- Work closely with production to achieve production needs.
- To comply with company procedures.
- To work under own initiative with minimal supervision.
- To have due regard to financial implications of actions taken.
- To ensure H&S & Environmental procedures & authorisations are adhered to.
- To carry out all necessary IT based & manual recording tasks relevant to the operation of the department.
- Facilitate lean ways of working to minimise waste and maximise efficiency, ensuring departmental 5S/7W objectives are achieved.
- To undertake any other tasks required by your supervisor or manager.
Standards of Performance
- Zero injuries.
- Compliance with Health & Safety, Environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with work instructions, policies & procedures.
- Compliance with company engineering standards.
- Contribution to 5S and cost down initiatives.
- Work accurately & diligently with high level of attention to detail.
- Meet work quality & productivity standards.
- Work constructively within a team environment.
- To learn & implement new skills as required to meet business needs.
- High level of flexibility and availability as required to meet business needs and market demands.
- Meet team targets & objectives.
General Duties and Standards Expected of Employees
- Undertake any other tasks which are reasonable in relation to the skills, knowledge and experience of the employee
- Work in a professional manner at all times so to project a positive image to both internal and external customers
- Work always using safe working methods and demonstrate a duty of care to yourself and other employees, customers and other external parties
- Always report unsafe acts or unsafe conditions to your direct manager
- Always perform your duties in a way that is consistent with communicated policies and procedures
- Flexibility to working different shift patterns and working in different business units as and when required
Knowledge / Experience
- Apprentice trained mechanical bias with proven time serviced experience / training
- At least 3 years experience within a medium to heavy manufacturing environment.
- Good hands-on knowledge of mechanical plant machinery including pneumatic, hydraulics.
- Electrical experience would be advantageous.
- Bench fitting skills.
- Experience in the use of overhead cranes and slinging techniques.
- Experience in the use of Fork Lift Trucks.
- Proficient use of workshop equipment. (turning, milling, grinding etc...).
- Able to Oxy/Acetylene weld and cut.
- Able to Electric Arc weld and MIG weld, some experience of TIG welding.
- Good fault finding and problem solving skills, coupled together with the ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand and produce engineering drawings.
- General knowledge of health and safety standards and the ability to carry out on the job risk assessments.
- Good organisational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
- Able to work alone or as part of a team.
- Self-motivated, Pro-active and reliable.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Forward thinking.
- Progressive attitude towards training.
- IT Literate (Able to input work and times into a front line maintenance system).
- Good verbal, listening & written communication skills.
- £27,700.00 plus shift allowance (£31.409.00)
- Company pension and health care scheme
- 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days and additional lieu days
- 3 shifts