Process Operator Posted 15 days ago - Expired 1 day ago
AMG Aluminum is a world-leading provider of aluminum master alloys and grain refiners for the aluminum industry based in Rotherham, South Yorkshire.
We are looking to recruit a process operator on a permanent, full time basis working a 3 shift system. We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has a flexible attitude and are able to work well in a team environment. Candidates need to be able to demonstrate their ability to work to deadlines, have good oral and written communication skills and IT skills.
As well as an competitive salary and benefits package, AMG offer a long term career and development to candidates who match own drive and ambition.
• The main focus of the role is to perform key operational tasks safely and efficiently as possible with minimum wastage of resource and time.
• To produce alloys by the prescribed method, to the correct cycle time at the right quality in line with the communicated schedule.
• To produce rod plant reactions by the prescribed method, to the correct cycle time at the right quality in line with the communicated schedule.
• Perform operational roles within the rod plant process efficiently generating right quality product at the designated productivity targets.
• To perform packing operations using the define procedure generating the required productivity to the correct quality standards as designated by the production schedule.
• Submit timely samples to the laboratory in order to satisfy release of material for dispatch.
• Housekeeping standards are surpassed delving minimum waste and safe working environments.
• Perform low level maintenance routines to ensure sustainable performance of key equipment.
• Ensure all accurate production data transactions are carried out in a timely fashion to enable smooth flow of materials through the process providing an accurate cost within the business.
• Ensure abnormal working conditions of equipment or breakdowns are immediately communicated to your manager and/or maintenance to minimise lost productivity on key equipment.
Knowledge and Expertise
• Experience on Forklift Trucks
• Experience working with molten metals
• Any experience in heavy duty engineering
• O Level / GCSE Maths and English
• Basic £27,272.00 per annum plus shift allowance (Gross £30,965) after full training
• Generous company pension and heath care scheme
• 25 days holiday plus 8 statutory days