Communications and Marketing Officer Posted 13 days ago - Expires in 6 hours
Barnsley Council is changing; organisational transformation has helped us to be effective, efficient, high performing and sustainable. Our vision is working together for a brighter future, a better Barnsley. It’s a great time to come and work with us.
We’re looking for a candidate to join us as a Communications and Marketing Officer, working with the council’s Communications and Marketing team.
Working across all areas of the council, you’ll have experience of working across social media, media, print and advertising to deliver innovative, integrated communications and marketing campaigns.
Key work areas:
• You will apply innovative marketing techniques, in particular digital marketing, to develop and deliver communications and marketing plans for different services across the council.
• The team oversees the council’s social media presence with direct responsibility for the social media accounts. You will have significant experience in implementing social media strategies and analysing social media activity for ongoing improvement.
• You will promote events and news stories by writing engaging news releases for the media, using the team’s media monitoring system to log and evaluate media coverage for the council.
• You will be part of the team’s media rota, taking media enquiries and drafting media statements for the council.
• You will generate photo and video content using the in-house video editing equipment.
• You will keep the team informed about relevant communications and marketing activity happening in other public sector organisations, recommending how we can use this to develop our campaigns.
We’re looking for candidates with a degree or equivalent in a marketing/communications related discipline, and previous experience in communications and marketing roles.