Tutor / Assessor - AAT Posted 2 months ago - Expired 12 days ago
AAT - L2 / L3
AAT Training manager / Assessor
JOB PURPOSE & KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
An exciting opportunity for an experienced, successful Assessor/Teacher with experience in the Accountancy industry who is willing to travel throughout Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire,
Our Clint has offices in Doncaster Barnsley and Mansfield Nottingham.
To deliver teaching, learning and assessment and maintain a portfolio of employers and learners to high quality standards.
Directly reporting to: Business Manager (Professional Services)
Responsible for: No direct reports
Functional relationship: Working with all other Delivery Teams and Managers to ensure vocational provision is coordinated effectively into all programmes.
Working with all business units within our entire Group to ensure high quality outcomes are gained.
Building relationships with learners and employers as well as other relevant
External parties who may be involved with the provision.
• To deliver highly effective teaching, learning and assessment for learners in the Accountancy sector, plus English and math’s Functional Skills, using blended learning approaches.
• To maintain own optimum caseload value by building relationships with new and existing employers and identifying potential new learners.
• To carry out and use initial assessment of potential learners, and ensure that additional support needs are met.
• To provide quality information, advice and guidance to learners and therefore enhance career progression opportunities.
• To ensure good quality records are maintained, that work is carried out timely in accordance with regulations from funding bodies and our own service level agreements.
• To provide a contribution to the development of the sector within the business, developing and designing course material, sharing best practice and looking for innovation in teaching delivery.
1. You understand where you fit in the organisation’s success and hold yourself to account
2. You contribute to setting your own achievable objectives in line with the business plan
3. You take personal responsibility for making the right things happen which add value
1. You ensure that every action/decision takes into consideration the impact on the customer
2. You understand who all our customers are and respond appropriately
WORKING WITH OTHERS
1. You work collaboratively and independently as situations require for a successful organisational outcome
2. You are proactive in providing appropriate support and guidance to others to achieve organisational results
1. You actively develop yourself in line with business needs
2. You show good awareness of your own values, motivations and emotions
3. You prioritise objectives and plan work to make best use of own and others time and resources
4. You actively seek, analyse and build on feedback to improve performance
1. You establish and use effective methods to review and improve activities
2. You make appropriate decisions which balance implications, consequence, risk and required outcomes
3. You actively seek and act on opportunities to improve
The following key shows at which stage of the selection process the criteria needs to be evidenced.
(A) Application form
(P) Performance of Assessment
(D) Documentary Evidence
(L) Lesson Observation
ATTRIBUTES ESSENTIAL DESIRABLE
(D, L) Teaching qualification
(D, P) Assessor qualification
(A, D, I, L) Experience of delivering AAT and Functional Skills qualifications
(A, L) Experience of developing teaching material (D) IV qualification
(D) Qualified to deliver AAT Qualifications up to level 4 and AAT Essentials
Ability to be able to grow AAT provision
(A, I) Knowledge and understanding of Common Inspection Framework
(P) Understanding of different learning needs
(A, I) Experience of Ofsted inspection
(A, I) Knowledge and application of e-learning
(A, I) Experience of using e-Portfolio (in particular OneFile)
Personal Attributes (A, I) Ability to achieve results
(A, I) Ability to work on own initiative and self-manage
(A, I) Commitment to continuous improvement
(L) Ability to empathise with the difficulties of learners and barriers to learning
(A, I) Commitment to the Capabilities –Employee as stated on page 3
(D) Driving licence and use of a car
(I) Ability to work flexibly
Terms, Conditions and Benefits
Salary – c. £22,000 - £29,000 pa, plus benefits
Pension Scheme – The appointed individual will be entitled to join the company pension scheme
Holidays – 32 days per annum (FTE) – Plus all public and bank holidays
Level 1 Health Care - The appointed individual will be entitled to join the company Westfield Healthcare Scheme free at level 1