Despatch Inspector Posted 5 months ago - Expired 3 months ago
Forde Recruitment is recruiting for a Despatch Inspector to join our client at their Sheffield based operations. The role involves the Despatch Inspector effectively carrying out all tasks within the Final Release and Despatch area.
• Act as a designated individual, for the release of product (including finished devices) for distribution to customers
• Responsible for verifying that the activities described within the DHR for a production run, lot, or batch has been completed
• Authorizing the release of product (including finished devices) for distribution to customers, by way of ;
o Signing the final release operation on the DHR
o Signing the final certificate of conformity prior to release to customers
o Dating the final release operation on the DHR and ensuring the final certificate of conformity is dated
• Understand and work to customer instructions.
• Understand and comply with documentation and packaging requirements of domestic and export customers and shipping agencies.
• Understand the importance of ancillary documentation required for release of parts and be aware of the source of documentation.
• Ensure no parts are released unless they comply with all customer and customs requirements.
• Develop a comprehensive knowledge of the Despatch computer release system.
• Check off identities and ensure that all work being progressed by Despatch has had scrap segregated and removed.
• That any work requiring concession or special action has been identified and segregated for action.
• Segregate and distribute associated documentation.
• That all work processed is compliant with route card detail and is fully traceable throughout the system.
• That all route cards and release documentation is stored and available for tracability.
• Ensure test pieces if required have been included.
• Understand and comply with the requirements of air cargo security and approvals.
• Read and understand the departmental release procedure.
• Contact shipping agents as required.
• Have a good understanding of the methods involved in producing quality products by using different working techniques.
• Work as part of a team, adopting a positive attitude to both work and colleagues, to achieve the required production targets and output, including the need to work outside normal working hours.
• Be able to complete all timesheets and paperwork associated with production.
• Ensure all Health & Safety rules are adhered to and maintain a safe environment, both in relation to your own work area and that of the factory.
• Maintain a clean, tidy work environment at all times.
• Ensure the company's quality policy is understood and implemented.
• Maintain good time keeping and attendance.
• Display a flexible attitude to work being prepared to transfer to other areas as the work dictates.
Apply online today
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.