Manual Turner Miller Posted 7 months ago - Expired 5 months ago
Manual Turner Miller
Our client, a global provider of engineered electronics, is looking for a Manual Turner Miller to join them at their Sheffield operations. Working with customers in the transportation, industrial, medical, and aerospace and defence markets, produce sensors, thermocouples, thermometers, transducers, transmitters, flowmeters and controllers.
You will be expected to produce components, tooling, batch parts and one offs on manual machines to a high standard. Extensive training could be made available in the first period, dependent on skill level at the start.
Key responsibilities include:
• Organise work flow on machine;
• Checking bill of materials to determine material/stock issued parts are available, check tooling is available;
• Set up Manual miller/lathe (jigs and fixtures);
• Check components and ensure that tolerances on drawing are met;
• Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures;
• Maintain equipment by using TPM procedures;
• Train and Mentor apprentices (if required);
• Actively participate in 5S programmes.
The Manual Miller Turner will ideally be an experienced Miller Turner and has a solid mechanical tooling understanding.
Experience of working within a precision engineering environment would be advantageous. Furthermore, you:
• Understand machining by following drawing and bill of materials.
• Are able to read engineering drawings metric and imperial.
• Are able to use measuring equipment (micrometers, vernier calipers etc.)
Working Hours and Compensation
• 39 hours a week (7.30-16.30 Mon-Thu; 7:30-12.30 Fridays)
• Up to 7% company pension contribution
• Death in Service insurance
Apply online for this role today
Forde Recruitment is part of the Forde Recruitment Group. This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Forde Recruitment Ltd who in this instance is operating as an Employment Business. Unfortunately, due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 7 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion and continue to search on our website for future vacancies.