Data Protection Officer Posted 2 months ago - Expired 12 days ago
Data Protection Officer- Sheffield based with international travel
Role: Data Protection Officer
Location: Sheffield based with international travel
Salary: up to £65K DOE
The role will focus on data protection and privacy. Reporting into the Vice President of Operations, you will be dealing with privacy and data protection issues at an international level and will be interacting with key stakeholders and members of the senior management team.
Your main responsibilities include;
• Advise on the data protection implications of new products, services and features in the EMEA and U.S. regions, especially in light of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
• Lead, manage and deliver GDPR compliance for the business by May 2018
• Act as direct support to the Vice President of Operations, in working closely with a cross-functional global team on data protection and public policy issues.
• Be the subject matter expert on all data protection areas including, subject access requests, data retention and disposal, audio recordings and new product & service innovations etc.
• The review and creation of customer contracts, policy terms and conditions, data sharing agreements and other contractual queries from within our business and from customers including information security audit questionnaires
The successful candidate:
A strong exposure to data protection throughout your career is necessary, as is a proven track record in leading data protection issues. Strong knowledge of current data protection legislation, GDPR and policy issues is essential, whilst experience in operational privacy at a senior management position is extremely beneficial.
We are ideally looking for candidates with at least 2 years of experience with the relevant skills / knowledge for this position.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.