IT Project Manager (Contract) Posted 3 months ago - Expired 1 month ago
IT Project Manager (Contract) - Doncaster
Role: IT Project Manager (Contract)
Salary: Day rate £400-£550 per day DOE
Our client is one of the UK’s largest wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
Our client is looking to for an experienced PM with a proven track record in delivery of ERP solutions, ideally Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
Reporting to the Group IT Director the Project Manager (PM) will have responsibility for the planning, budgeting and documenting of all aspects of a variety of large and/or complex business change projects, initially focusing on the implementation of a replacement corporate ERP solution.
The PM will be required to establish and maintain strong working relationships with the business throughout the change lifecycle and to help co-ordinate the successful delivery of change implementation from within the Change and IT team.
The role requires a strong, committed and supportive team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Responsibilities include: –
• Defining and clarifying project scope
• Developing and maintaining the project plan
• Developing and maintaining the project schedule
• Developing and maintaining policies and procedures which support the achievement of the project objectives
• Identifying required project roles and positions
• Securing required resource to fill any gaps
• Determining the optimal organizational structure of the project team
• Identifying services to be provided by external parties
• Setting team direction
• Coordinating activities across different organizational functions
• Motivating project team members
• Assigning work to the appropriate resource
• Measuring: Continually assessing project progress against plan. Defining project baselines.
• Evaluating: Determining the cause and effect of any deviations from the plan. Tracking project progress.
• Correcting: Taking corrective actions to address deviations
• Quality Assurance: Assessing quality of delivery and taking appropriate action in the event of any short-comings
• Day to day management, oversight, support and direction of the project teams
• Establishing, implementing and maintaining appropriate change practices / methodologies
• Ensuring that any proposed change is in-line with the company strategy, Target Operating Model (TOM) and Target Architecture Model (TAM).
• Setting and everyday management of project budgets
• Budgetary reporting
Relationship and Stakeholder Management
• Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships across the business and external parties.
• Monitoring and reporting portfolio / project progress, issues and successes
• Stakeholder management at all levels of the organization, both internal and external
• Owning and nurturing the business change relationship throughout the delivery lifecycle
• Setting and maintaining clear expectation
• Assistance in overcoming ‘early delivery’ issues during project warranty periods.
• Identification, tracking and resolution of project issues and risks
• Production and maintenance of clear and concise project documentation.
The successful candidate must be extremely delivery focused. A critical thinker with well-honed problem-solving skills, an excellent decision-maker, clear communicator and possess strong relationship and leadership capabilities. It is imperative that they have a customer-focused mindset.
In addition, the following skills are: –
• Strong Portfolio/Project Management experience
• Proven track record in the delivery of successful projects in a technical IT environment
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with both internal and external Stakeholders at all levels of the business.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Time management
• Experience of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) implementation projects.
• Contract negotiation experience
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Proven leadership skills
• Experience of the MS Dynamics products is highly desirable.
• Experience of the pharmaceutical industry and/or warehousing and distribution.
• Experience of managing / facilitating project workshops.
• ITIL or ITSM certifications preferred. PMP, Prince II or equivalent certifications.
• Thrives in collaborative environment
• Experience of working within both Waterfall and Agile environments
• Expertise in conflict resolution
• Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to Microsoft Project, ProjectManager.com, JIRA, MS toolset, etc.
Some travel (to UK and Ireland based depots/centres and supplier/client sites) is expected on occasions. It would therefore be an advantage to hold a valid UK driving license.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.