Payroll Administrator Posted 2 months ago - Expired 22 days ago
Payroll Administrator - Chesterfield
Role: Payroll Administrator
Salary: Up to £18K DOE
Our client is one of the largest independent firms in Yorkshire & Derbyshire.
Our client is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to prepare & process weekly and monthly payrolls to clients specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparing and processing weekly and monthly payrolls for an allocation of different sized clients.
• Answering routine client queries regarding payroll, PAYE, NIC, and escalating more complex queries to supervisors, or responding with their assistance, as appropriate.
• Completing paperwork on behalf of clients with regard to PAYE, NIC or any other query.
• Responding to routine HMRC queries on behalf of clients.
• Calculating and keeping records of all payments due to the HMRC and informing clients of payments to be made.
• Keeping relevant payroll files and records in good order for any inspection by HMRC.
• Filing all relevant information regarding payrolls in client’s individual files
• Liaising with other team members regarding client payrolls as appropriate.
• Preparing BACS payments for each individual client’s pay-date including BACS remittance payments as appropriate.
The Successful Candidate:
• Experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of payroll legislation/HRMC requirements
• Confident communicator, able to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Accurate, methodical and organised
• Smart and personable
• Good IT skills, experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook, and payroll systems, ideally STAR
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.