Accounts Assistant Posted 3 months ago - Expired 1 month ago
Accounts Assistant - Sheffield
Role: Accounts Assistant
Salary: up to £25K DOE
Our client are a leading independent estate agent with an impressive property portfolio.
Client Accounting - Bookkeeping of client accounts and daily reconciliation
- Ensuring client accounts are maintained and adhere to regulation and audit requirements.
- Ensuring all third party payment are carried out in a timely manner
- Answering client account queries from third parties. - Drawing up invoices - Deposit (DPS) payments, registrations & transfers. - Client account and DPS account reconciliations
- Agreeing payment terms with third party contractors & ensuring contractors & suppliers are paid within terms
Management Accounts - Processing month end, analysing key changes and advising directors - Prepayments - Accruals
-Developing service charge budgets for blocks and maintaining ledgers. - Processing
VAT Returns and ensuring timely payment of VAT - Maintaining the Petty Cash ledger
Payroll - Responsibility for completing staff payroll on monthly basis.
Ensuring PAYE is accurately recorded and paid to HMRC by due date
- Take responsibility for property maintenance queries and seeking costings
- Take responsibility for maintenance of block management properties and costings
- Support lettings and sales team during times when coverage is needed.
- Other Ad-hoc duties as may be requested
The successful candidate:
Previous experience in an accounts/finance role is essential
Experience of the property sector is desirable
Any industry qualifications/studying towards i:e CIMA is desirable
Be able to work as part of a team as well as individually
Good spoken and written communication skills are required
Excellent organising skills are essential
You must be be able to work accurately with good attention to detail
You must have excellent IT skills including working knowledge of Excel
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.