Back- End Web Developer Posted 17 days ago - Expires in 1 month
Back- End Web Developer - Sheffield
Role: Back-End Web Developer
Salary: Up to £35K, DOE
Our client is an award winning team of creatives, developers & digital specialists.
You’ll be working as part of the development team, but will integrate seamlessly with producer and design teams across all our clients and varied work types. You will ensure we deliver high quality across all our projects and pitches.
• Specifying and designing solutions that meet the needs of a client. Building and maintaining those solutions in a fast moving, agency environment
• Understanding and digesting client requirements and advising producers by cogently feeding back what is both achievable and technically possible
• Scheduling your own workload based on current and future projects
• Building reusable code and libraries for future use
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Ensure all projects meet our own standards and those of our clients
• Keeping up to date and contributing to current trends, current thinking and best practice and ensuring our projects follow these
• Contribute to new business marketing, proposals and pitches with recommendations and smart thinking
• Collaborating with Producers and Developers to ensure excellence and consistency is achieved
• Contribute to learning sessions in the company, thought pieces to the blog and attending/speaking at events
Skills & experience:
We’re looking for someone who is broadly capable rather than narrowly specialised. We use the following so experience with these is a plus:
• PHP and associated frameworks (we use Symfony)
• Server stack and open-source variations including Apache, nginx, MySQL, Postgres, Unix/BSD and hosting management such as CPanel and Plesk
• Experience with AWS.
• Source control with Git
• Drupal 7/8 desirable
• Understanding accessibility and security compliance
• You are able to evidence understanding of client aims, commercial or otherwise, and then articulate and produce work that supports these
• Your communication and presentation skills will be polished and professional
• You will have comprehensive knowledge of industry tools.
• Security practices such as server hardening and secure programming
• Scaling and how sites react when usage is increased and how to plan ahead with technologies such as proxy caches and load balancers
• Cloud solutions and relevant “as-a-service” (e.g. SaaS, HaaS) paradigms
The successful candidate:
Our ideal candidate would have agency experience — working to deadlines and delivering stunning results to clients — and can demonstrate to have been involved with developing a broad range of websites and web applications.
• Your first idea is never your final idea, you believe in putting in the work to find the best solution
• Commercial aims and your ideas are the same
• Less is definitely more, you simplify the complex
• Criticism is given and received constructively
• You understand the measure of your work is the success of the project for the client
• You will live and breathe the core competencies of the agency, knowledge, quality, client care, accountability, teamwork, communication and inclusion
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.