Business Development Account Director Posted 4 months ago - Expired 2 months ago
Business Development Account Director - Sheffield
Role: Business Development Account Director
Salary: Up to £35K DOE + commission
Our client is an award winning integrated marketing agency.
A key member of the senior management team you will be responsible for developing, leading and implementing the business development function to secure new clients and enable the company to grow, thrive and maintain a healthy financial position.
You will work with the Director to ensure that business growth activities are aligned to corporate objectives whilst taking on key clients that offer significant opportunities to grow the business.
You will also be expected to understand and execute expansion tactics and meet financial targets.
You will line manage a team of two business development specialists.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
• Identifying new strategic business opportunities, agree appropriate response with the Director and take appropriate action and working with the team to respond to these opportunities
• Account Direction of key accounts supported by the internal team
• Building on relationships with existing clients with a view to securing further business
• Securing new business to meet targets
• Maintaining extensive knowledge of current and future potential market characteristics and conditions
• Where appropriate, preparing written responses to tenders, pitching to new clients
• Reporting progress on new business and recommendations for service improvement
The successful candidate:
Will have business development/account management experience within a creative/marketing agency. At your core you will be a marketing expert, able to consult and advise clients on strategy and suitable options available to them. You’ll be a confident relationship builder both face to face and over the telephone and comfortable driving growth through a sales strategy tailored to existing and new clients.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.