IT Engineer (2nd Line) Posted 1 month ago - Expires in 24 days
IT Engineer (2nd Line)
Role: IT Engineer (2nd Line)
Salary: £19,500-£23,000 DOE
Our client is an award winning specialist in their field and offer a bespoke service to their customers.
In the role of IT Engineer you will have a number of clients to look after; fixing issues, configuring accounts, configuring hardware & software, installing new equipment and also proactively identifying issues, offering advice and recommendations, and ensuring that requests for quotes are handed over to the solutions team.
You will be diagnosing and resolving networking issues, researching the best solution to a customer’s problem, configuring new computers for upcoming installation and investigating a failed backup. You will be investigating any ongoing performance problems with servers and recommending potential solutions to improve the speed.
• Managing technical requests, prioritising and dealing with them effectively
• Conducting site visits
• Monitoring, maintaining and remotely supporting clients’ systems
• Fixing issues swiftly whilst causing minimum disruption to your clients
• Working to targets and meeting service level agreements
• Building relationships with your clients
• Planning and implementing ongoing projects, alongside the installation team and project team
• Proactively identifying opportunities to improve your clients’ IT systems, specifying the appropriate technologies and giving our solutions team the necessary information to quote for the client
• Ensuring that documentation on client systems and any work done on them is accurate and up to date
• Completing timesheets and updating time entries on tickets
• Completing IT reviews on client systems to offer recommendations and highlight areas for concern
• Providing a superb service to make sure our clients feel supported and cared for
The successful candidate:
You should have good knowledge of advanced desktop skills, such as the registry, local policies, RAID, and NTFS file permissions. You should also be able to support complex networks with an eye on the long-term. You will need to understand and be familiar with virtualisation, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, GPO, and be able to plan and set up an AD, including mapping drives, login scripts, profiles and security groups.
In addition, you should be able to specify hardware that will improve the client’s network, and understand the technologies used.
You will understand and be able to configure Exchange and features such as OWA, and also remote access such as RDP and VPN, and be able to forward the correct ports on the router, and configure a firewall.
You will be integral to the growth of the business and will have impressive knowledge of IT. You will be up to date with the industry and have a real passion for both IT and delighting customers.
Experience in the following desirable:
• Networking (hardware and software) on Windows Server 2003 to 2012 R2, and SBS 2008 to 2011
• Windows Client Operating Systems (XP to 10)
• Mac OS X
• Office 2010-2016 & Office 365
• Exchange 2007-2013 & Exchange Online
• Internet and email (including VPNs, DNS, IP, routers and firewalls)
• Active Directory configuration and administration experience
• Wireless Networking
• Backup Software
• Antivirus & Antispam software
Qualifications such as MCP/MCSA/MCSE/MCTS/MCITP are also desirable, but not essential.
Finally, you should also be able to demonstrate strong understanding of company values, be a team player, good at managing your own time and able to follow the processes and procedures that ensure you do a good job every time.
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer.