Quality Testing Apprentice Posted 5 months ago - Expired 2 months ago
Are you an individual who seeks to challenge, question and identify areas for improvement? Are you energetic, enthusiastic and capable of working in a fast paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and quality is key? Are you looking for a successful and rewarding career? If this begins to describe you, then this opportunity may be right for you.
What is the role?
Based at our Old West Gun Works head office in Sheffield and reporting to the quality manager and working closely with the test engineers and the rest of the quality team, you will learn all aspects of the role in this permanent position. Training will be provided both in-house and externally (18 months) to complete a Level 3 Laboratory Technician apprenticeship. Duties will include the following:
• performing measurements on Gripple products
• performing mechanical tests on Gripple products
• liaising with external bodies for Gripple’s accreditation in various countries
• maintaining the testing database
• improving and developing the testing department with the aim of gaining accreditation for ISO 17025
• writing detailed reports
• creating testing plans
• maintaining calibration of all testing equipment
Who you are
To be considered for this challenging and role, you must have GCSE grades C and above in Maths & English and be:
• highly motivated and hard working with a positive attitude
• interested in quality and engineering with a passion for future development
• able to work well both as part of a team and as an individual
• enthusiastic, with a good work ethic, willingness to learn and ability to work on your own initiative
• numerate and able to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner, with a good standard of written and spoken English
Who are Gripple?
We manufacture a patented range of wire joiners and tensioners sold internationally into the construction and agriculture markets. Our head office is in Sheffield where we have three world-class manufacturing sites and we have expanding sites in Strasbourg, Chicago and Delhi. We take pride in doing things differently; that is why we are a globally recognised brand and why we challenge over 500 employees across the world to stamp their own footprint on the ‘Gripple Spirit’.
What we offer
After the apprenticeship term, there may be opportunities for a full-time, permanent position. In addition to your salary, you will receive a 15% non-contributory pension life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance and a share purchase scheme.
Why we are different
You will be joining a business that is owned by its employees and won the coveted EOA ‘Employee Owned Business of the Year award’ in November 2015. You are expected to become a stakeholder in the business, which entitles, and indeed, requires you to challenge, offer ideas, take the initiative and contribute to positive change.