Injection Moulding Apprentice Posted 3 months ago - Expired 1 month ago
Are you an individual who seeks to challenge, question and identify areas for improvement? Are you energetic, enthusiastic and looking for a successful and rewarding career in injection moulding? If this begins to describe you, then this opportunity may be right for you. We are now recruiting an apprentice to join an expanding, moulding team. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join one of the manufacturing sector’s most exciting and progressive companies.
What is the role?
Based at our Riverside Works factory in Sheffield, you will learn all aspects of the role. Training will be provided both in-house and externally (24 months approx.) to complete a Level 3 Science Manufacturing Technician apprenticeship. You will attain the necessary skills to set and operate a wide variety of injection moulding machines, materials, tooling, lifting and inspection equipment. The role will also include the following:
• installing tooling within established process settings
• understanding the quality requirements of various components and have an in-depth understanding of the root cause of defects and how to correct them
• understanding how to improve the efficiency and reliability of processes and equipment, including active participation in SMED, TPM, 5s and other lean programs
• learning how to optimise injection moulding processes in order to reduce manufacturing costs, including cycle time reduction, reducing energy consumption, downtime, scrap and material usage
• learning how to service and prevent mould tooling from causing quality related issues
Who you are
To be considered for this challenging and often demanding role, you must have at least four GCSEs grades A*-D, including Maths & English, and be:
• extremely organised, self-motivated and be able to cope well under pressure
• flexible and able to work shifts including nights and weekends
• willing to learn about other machines run within the department
• enthusiastic with a good work ethic and willing to learn
• able to demonstrate mechanical aptitude
• numerate with a good standard of written and spoken English
• hardworking with the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Who are Gripple?
We manufacture a patented range of wire joiners and tensioners sold internationally into the construction and agriculture markets. Our head office is in Sheffield where we have three world-class manufacturing sites and we have expanding sites in Strasbourg, Chicago and Delhi. We take pride in doing things differently; that is why we are a globally recognised brand and why we challenge over 500 employees across the world to stamp their own footprint on the ‘Gripple Spirit’.
What we offer
This is a full-time, permanent position. In addition to your salary, you will receive a 15% non-contributory pension life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance and a share purchase scheme.
Why we are different
You will be joining a business that is owned by its employees. You will be expected to become a stakeholder in the business, which entitles, and indeed, requires you to challenge, offer ideas, take the initiative and contribute to positive change.