GLIDE House General Assistant Posted 7 days ago - Expires in 1 day
Gripple and the GLIDE companies have recently purchased and renovated the old Players House on Attercliffe Common, an old iconic Grade II listed building in front of Sheffield Arena, originally built as a school in 1874. Known as GLIDE House, the first floor is HQ for the People & Culture team and a training academy with space to host various meetings and conferences. The lower floor is GLIDE's ‘social club’, with a gym, bar and café. This is an extremely exciting development for us as a group.
GLIDE House has now been open for just a few short months and is already extremely busy with social, training and external conference events, which is fantastic news! As such, we are now looking to recruit a full-time general assistant to support the GLIDE House Manager and the rest of the team.
What is the role?
We are looking for someone to be based permanently on site to assist the GLIDE House Manager in the day to day organising and running of events and running of the kitchen. The role may require the completion any relevant, external courses and may also involve working some evenings and possibly weekends. Reporting to the GLIDE House Manager, the role will also involve:
• setting up rooms for training events, meetings, conferences
• setting tables for buffets and three course meals
• assisting with delivery runs of food orders and meeting refreshments to all sites
• running the bar area
• assisting with food preparation as required
• ensuring a high level of health and safety, cleanliness and hygiene
Who you are
You will ideally have some relevant experience in hospitality or event management and be willing to learn all aspects of working in a kitchen if applicable. You will also need to be:
• multi-skilled and well organised, able to turn your hand to a variety of tasks and challenges
• able to work well as an individual, to manage your own time and workload effectively to deadlines
• tidy, with attention to detail
• enthusiastic, with a good work ethic and able to work on your own initiative
• extremely flexible
• in possession of a clean driving licence
• willing to undertake an NVQ Level 2 in basic food & hygiene
What we offer
The benefits package includes a competitive basic salary, 15% non-contributory pension life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance and a share purchase scheme.
Why we are different
You will be joining a business that is owned by its employees and won the coveted EOA ‘Employee Owned Business of the Year award’ in November 2015. You are expected to become a stakeholder in the business, which entitles, and indeed, requires you to challenge, offer ideas, take the initiative and contribute to positive change.