Mechanical Design Engineer – Automated Machinery Posted 3 months ago - Expired 1 month ago
Are you an experienced mechanical design engineer who is highly motivated, ambitious and capable of working in an environment where continuous improvement is the norm? If this begins to describe you, then a career with award winning Gripple Automation may be right for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident engineer to join an expanding design team.
What is the role?
Based at the Hawke Street facility in Sheffield, Gripple Automation offers bespoke design and build of machines to improve manufacturing processes and significantly improve performance.
This hands-on role in the design, modification and development of automated machinery involves working closely with production, engineering, customers and suppliers. You may have to work at, and travel between, all three Sheffield manufacturing sites and visit customers or machine and component suppliers.
Who you are
The ideal candidate should have at least three years’ experience in mechanical design and as a minimum, an HNC qualification in a relevant discipline. To be selected for interview you must also:
• ideally have experience of designing automated assembly machines
• be proficient in CAD (Solid Work preferred)
• be used to working with a PDM system
• have a proven track record of innovative design solutions
• ideally have experience of working with pneumatics, hydraulics and robotics
• possess a high level of attention to detail with excellent communication skills
• be able to demonstrate exceptional drive and initiative
• have the right to work permanently in the UK and a full driving licence
What the role offers
The benefits package includes a competitive basic salary to reflect the calibre, experience and qualification level of the successful applicant, 15% non-contributory pension life assurance, private medical cover, permanent health insurance and a share purchase scheme.
Why this company is different
You will be joining a business that is owned by its employees. You are expected to become a stakeholder in the business, which entitles, and indeed, requires you to challenge, offer ideas, take the initiative and contribute to positive change.
For further information, please contact Emma Hibbert on 0114 228 8629 or email email@example.com.