Care Assistants - several positions / hours available Posted 9 months ago - Expired 7 months ago
At Hill Care we specialise in quality, personalised care, offering exceptional levels of service and an improved quality of life for those who reside with us.
We are currently recruiting for Care Assistants at our Broadacres Care Home. The Care Assistant will be responsible for assisting in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. Ensuring people retain their dignity and individuality. Be involved in the general activities of the Care Home / Unit.
We’re always on the lookout for caring individuals with a passion for improving people’s lives. We provide professional training, personal development and promotion pathways to ensure our staff are able to continually progress in their careers.
1. Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting people in our care, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
2. Assist people in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring people retain their comfort and dignity.
3. Pay particular attention to assisting people who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
4. Closely monitor people who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
5. Assist in the promotion of continence.
6. Assist in the delivery of care for people who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with last offices.
7. Observe care planning needs for people and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
8. Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with people and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home.
9. Answer the nurse call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
10. Under the supervision and guidance of senior care staff, report on the well-being of people.
11. Carry out regular checks on people at intervals determined by senior staff members.
What we offer:
• National Living Wage
• Company pension
• Personal Development / Professional training
• Promotion pathways for career progression
• Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Team player
• Willingness to participate in vocational training programmes
• Satisfactory DBS check
• Relevant vocational qualification (achieved / working towards)
• Experience of working with the relevant client group