Senior Care Assistant Posted 10 months ago - Expired 8 months ago
At Hill Care we specialise in quality, personalised care, offering exceptional levels of service and an improved quality of life for those who reside with us.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Care Assistant for 33 hours per week at Broadacres Care Home. The Senior Care Assistant will be responsible for planning, implementing and supervising the provision of quality care, in conjunction with people in our care. Ensuring people retain their dignity and individuality. Be involved in the general activities of the Care Home / Unit. Maintaining a safe and secure environment for people, staff members and visitors.
We’re always on the lookout for caring individuals with a passion for improving people’s lives. We provide professional training, personal development and promotion pathways to ensure our staff are able to continually progress in their careers.
1. Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting people, when required, with all aspects of daily living.
2. Support training and supervision of junior and new staff members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, under the supervision of senior staff members.
3. Assist People in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide supervision and attention when needed, ensuring People retain their comfort and dignity.
4. Pay particular attention to assisting people who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties making the best use of aids provided.
5. Closely monitor people who may be confused and/or who have behavioural problems.
6. Assist in the promotion of continence.
7. Assist in the delivery of care for people who are dying or who have a progressive illness.
8. Assist with last offices.
9. Maintain accurate records and ensure that each person within the Care Home has an individualized Care Plan. Care plans should be reviewed at a minimum monthly basis with a full review involving all external bodies being carried out twice per year or more frequently if required.
What we offer:
• Pay above National Living Wage
• Company pension
• Personal Development / Professional training
• Promotion pathways for career progression
• Genuine interest in, and experience of working with, the relevant Care environment
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Team player
• Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
• Satisfactory DBS check
• N/SVQ Level 2 in Care
• Previous supervisory experience
• Experience / Qualification in the Safe Handling of Medicines