Deputy Manager Posted 4 months ago - Expired 2 months ago
At Hill Care we specialise in quality, personalised care, offering exceptional levels of service and an improved quality of life for those who reside with us.
We are currently recruiting for a Deputy Manager for 38.5 per week at Broadacres Care Home. The Deputy Manager will be responsible for planning, managing, directing and monitoring the delivery of all aspects of care to all residents. Striving for continuous improvement in care delivered. Assisting the Home Manager with the general management of the Home and deputising for them when absent.
We’re always on the lookout for caring individuals with a passion for improving people’s lives. We provide professional training, personal development and promotion pathways to ensure our staff are able to continually progress in their careers
• Ensure the Home meets all regulatory and statutory requirements and ensuring associated risk assessments are undertaken and recorded.
• Ensure that the care needed by all new residents is assessed, planned, implemented, evaluated and recorded in the care profile, communicated to care staff and that any additional supplies or equipment are procured. Ensures that the care needs are frequently reviewed and updated and that care plans, records and notes are all maintained accurately and adequately.
• Ensure that all care is delivered to the highest standards in accordance with individual plans, evidence based practice, company procedures and the philosophy of care. Monitor and audit care implementation. Supervise all clinical practice and ensure it complies with NMC Code of Conduct and Code of Practice for Social Care Workers.
• Manage all care staff in conjunction with Home Manager in all respects including recruitment (ensuring that trained staff have current PIN numbers and that satisfactory references and disclosures are received for all staff), induction orientation, training, supporting, supervision, mentoring, monitoring, evaluation, appraisal, absence monitoring and disciplining.
• Keep fully up to date with developments in clinical practice, education and training and cascade this knowledge on to all relevant staff through planned training programmes. Identify, plan and co-ordinate individual training plans for all staff to meet employee, resident, and company needs and National Standards.
• Maintain excellent working relationships and communication with other healthcare professionals including visiting GP's.
• In conjunction with the Home Manager prepare staff rotas to ensure compliance with budgetary and regulatory requirements thus ensuring the delivery of the standard of care required to residents.
• Ensure all management of medication complies with NMC, Hill Care and National Standards.
• Ensure that the buildings and grounds are maintained in good order and to company standards and decorative and cleanliness standards are maintained and that there are appropriate levels of security at all times. Ensure that a full activities programme is available in order to enhance the psychological and physical well-being of the residents.
• Manages stocks of all medical and nursing supplies effectively and economically and ensures the timely order of replenishment stocks.
• Ensure staff are aware of, and at all times comply with, all the relevant company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including Fire arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required..
• Effectively manage all sales enquiries per the agreed procedure maximising the proportion of enquiries there are converted to actual admissions.
What we offer:
• Pay above National Living Wage
• Company pension
• Personal Development / Professional training
• Promotion pathways for career progression
• N/SVQ Level 3 in Care
• Previous supervisory experience
• Genuine interest in, and experience of working with, the relevant Care environment
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Team player
• Satisfactory DBS check