Activities Co-ordinator Posted 1 year ago - Expired 10 months ago
At Hill Care we specialise in quality, personalised care, offering exceptional levels of service and an improved quality of life for those who reside with us. We are currently recruiting for an Activities Co-ordinator for 25 hours per week at our Barnfield Care Home. The Activities Co-ordinator will be responsible for the planning and implementation of activities appropriate to clients’ needs and requests. To assist the Home Manager to organise fundraising events.
We’re always on the lookout for caring individuals with a passion for improving people’s lives. We provide professional training, personal development and promotion pathways to ensure our staff are able to continually progress in their careers. Key responsibilities: 1. Help clients to socialise within the Care Home, and provide a variety of activities that cater for all tastes. 2. Plan and initiate monthly rolling / individual programmes, and encourage clients to maintain pre¬-existing hobbies. 3. Encourage staff members, relatives and friends to participate in the Care Home's activities. 4. Accompany clients, where possible, to offsite activities, which may occasionally take place out of normal working hours. 5. Help to create an atmosphere that suits individual clients within the Care Home. 6. Assist with fund raising, and budgeting, for entertainments, materials and outings. 7. Maintain full and accurate records of daily activities using appropriate documentation, and assist the named carer to review and update client care files.
What we offer:
• Above National Living Wage
• Personal Development / Professional training
• Promotion pathways for career progression
• Proven ability to develop and organise a range of events / activities for clients in all client categories
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Team player
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Friendly, creative and confident
• Genuine interest in working with the relevant client group
• Satisfactory Police Check and DBS check