Design Engineer Posted 1 month ago - Expires in 27 days
Position: Design Engineer
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000
Shift Pattern: Days (39 Hours per Week)
Nicholas Associates (Engineering & Technical) is recruiting on behalf of a well known engineering and manufacturing client for a Design Engineer based in Sheffield.
The role of the design engineer is to be creative and innovative designing bespoke as well as providing support to the production process and maintenance services ensuring customer requirements are met.
• To design and develop new products in terms with customer specification and project manage to completion.
• Generate detailed technical drawings for manufacture of all relevant components, including all requisite details.
• Compile instruction manuals for new and existing products as well as technical documentation.
• Creating bill of materials, design calculations, site surveys and marketing literature.
• Management of documentation and project specification, budget, quality, constraints and associated standards.
• Provide technical support to customers when required.
• Liaising with customers and other departments to ensure product production.
• Products have to conform to European directives and appropriate standards.
• Working on 2D and 3D design packages
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum HNC/ HND in an engineering discipline
• Competent in the use of CAD and Solidworks
• Experience working with metals/ fabrications
• Planning, project and time management expertise
• Innovative and creative thinking
• Ability to gather and monitor information
• Up to £28k
• 39 hours, Monday to Friday
• 28 Days holiday
• Pension scheme
Key Words: Design, Engineer, Sheffield, Manufacturing, Solidworks, Prototypes, Creating Concepts, HNC/HND, CAD