Senior Support Worker Posted 3 months ago - Expired 1 month ago
We are looking for experienced Senior Support Workers to join our team in Sheffield.
If you are looking for an exciting new job - we would love to hear from you. At One to One, your effort shown will never be ignored as we reward and celebrate hard workers because we know as Senior Care Assistants what you do is crucial for the client.
The ideal Senior Support Worker should have:
- Knowledge and experience in supporting children, adults and older persons in their homes and communities.
- Experience assisting the Service Manager in the organisation of high-quality support services.
- Will hold qualifications such as NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or Childcare
- A full driving license and access to a vehicle is essential
- An ability to support service users with significant mobility problems (e.g. assisting with walking or with a guide dog)
Key responsibilities of a Senior Support Worker include:
- Assist the Service Manager in the coordination and development of the services.
- To maintain accurate, up to date and comprehensive records regarding the person’s development and well-being.
- When requested to plan a predicted staff rota and provide an actual staff rota for each month. Organising staff cover for the services sickness, absence and holiday periods
- Availability to meet the business needs and to be available 7 days a week. To work a flexible hour’s system, this will include evenings and weekends. To be present in the office a minimum of 2 days per week to complete/assist with office duties
- Participate in iCare watch rota whilst in the office
Why join our team as a Senior Support Worker?
- Ongoing training and development
- Continued career progression
- Refer a friend scheme
- Staff cover reward bonus
- Flexi bank hours
- Regular runs with clients, so you can provide continuity with clients
- Bupa Health Cash Plan
- Pension Plan
- Commendation rewards – vouchers/meals out
One to One Support Services provides a full range of support services to all people, specialising in services for people with additional needs, complex needs, and sensory impairments. Individuals may be required to support with personal care, communication, mobility, access to information or help attending appointments as well as daily living tasks in and around the house.
A Full DBS check is required, the employee pays cost initially.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.