Software Developer Posted 2 months ago - Expires in 13 days
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced software developer keen to take on an influential role of delivering high-quality improvements to our systems in a role that is core to the growth of our business.
At Ossila Limited, we supply research components from Sheffield to the materials science community all over the globe. We aim to reduce the barriers to scientific research and development. We are searching for enthusiastic people to help us continue to grow and better serve our community. In return, we offer the opportunity to join a refreshing enterprise and to experience life in a dynamic, high-tech environment.
The successful candidate will establish scalable solutions to help shape the company and help us better support our customers. The work will include the development of our website, eCommerce platform and supporting applications. You will be given the time to stay fully up-to-date with best practices and new trends, with the flexibility to take on increased responsibility as your experience increases.
We are interested in a proactive person who enjoys finding solutions to technical challenges. The most important aspect of the role is the ability to deliver quantifiable outputs on a wide range of projects. Therefore we are looking for a very motivated individual with a broad skill set.
• Enthusiasm for delivering new, technical solutions to take the company to the next level
• Experience of development in a commercial environment
• The drive and diligence to take initiative on development projects with a focus on output
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Eagerness to learn
• Experience with CMS web development and eCommerce platforms
• Knowledge of web frameworks and web API design
• Commercial awareness
• An understanding of UX and UI design, SEO best practices and web standards
As part of a rapidly growing SME, there are fantastic opportunities for progression as you help grow the business alongside your professional skills. This an opportunity to build a career in a friendly and exciting enterprise and help develop our vision for the future.
Please apply with CV and cover letter, or send them in an email to our Recruitment Team by visiting: