Area Sales Manager Posted 9 months ago - Expired 7 months ago
Pegler Yorkshire, part of Aalberts Industries NV, is one of Europe’s leading manufacturers and distributors of valves and fittings for the plumbing and heating industries. Pegler Yorkshire, is an integral part of this diverse, multinational, customer focused business with operations in U.S.A, Europe and the Far East.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Area Sales Manager to join our Sales Team in the Yorkshire reporting into the Divisional/Regional Sales Manager the purpose of role is to grow sales and have the market share within their designated area and be the number one within the market it services
The Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Responsible to ensure all contracts pricing is maintained
• Ensure there is clear concise communication maintained with all Pegler Yorkshire customer base within designated area
• Organise and carry out technical presentations to all customers within designated area
• Promote the Connect and Control Technology products
• Work with the Divisional Manager to put in place clear business plans for Key Account development within designated area and a clear business plan to cover key contracts and reviewed on an ongoing basis
• Introduce new business via specification’s that have be created with clients and contracts etc
• Secure and maintain specifications and manage the supply chain
• Follow up on all sales leads
• Complete all necessary administration tasks in a timely manner
• To plan time effectively to meet call mix targets with both cold calling/prospecting and current customers
• Use all company systems as tools to carry out the role i.e. CRM, outlook etc
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position.
• Accepts responsibility for the health and safety of themselves and others.
• Understands and follows Company safety, health & environmental and any other Company policies and procedures.
The individual will demonstrate:
• Knowledge and experience of working in a relevant industry would be a distinct advantage (but not essential)
• Career to date must have a back ground in selling
• It’s essential to be able to demonstrate excellent communication and presentation skills
• Must demonstrate a clear desire to succeed personally and on behalf of the Company
• To be hungry for success and demonstrate the drive and enthusiasm to meet targets and objectives
• Must demonstrate high level of PC skills
• To be resilient and able to persevere in the toughest of situations and always looking out for new opportunities to grow the market share/business
• Minimum AS level education in all basic subjects i.e. Maths and English
• Bachelors degree in business management or other relevant subject (would be advantageous)
• Full clean driving licence
• Able to travel within the UK and Europe occasionally as and when required to visit customers
A full clean driving licence is preferred as there will be some requirement to travel between Inter-Group sites on an occasional basis.
Also must be willing to travel within the UK and Europe occasionally as and when required to visit customers