Regional Sales Manager - Europe and America Posted 5 months ago - Expired 3 months ago
Aalberts Industries is a technology company. We are building leading niche market positions in defined businesses focusing on ten end markets. With some 14,700 employees, we operate from over 200 locations in more than 30 countries. Pegler Yorkshire is part of Building Installations which is one of the biggest segments within Aalberts Industries (www.aalberts.com).
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Regional Sales Manager to join our Commercial Department. Reporting into the BIE Export Director the purpose of role is to maximise sales and profitability of Pegler Yorkshire products through direct supply or via other Aalberts group companies. Develop a sales strategy to build market share delivering long term sustainable growth.
The Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Utilise the application of sound commercial judgement to develop and drive the long term sales strategy of Pegler Yorkshire products
• Work with the BIE- Export Director to prepare and put in place clear business plans for new and existing products
• Implement sales development plans for new and existing products
• Coordinate the prioritisation of sales of Pegler Yorkshire product amongst existing and potential customer base
• Negotiate all commercial terms, within parameters identified by the BIE- Export Sales Director and/or PY Finance /Commercial Director
• Advise the Board on profitability criteria
• Maximise customer reputation, working with other companies in Aalberts group, managing any potential sensitivities arising, identifying potential issues to the Board where appropriate
• Maintain an awareness of markets and trends, including competitor activity, competitor product ranges and potential development of new product to proactively identify and develop opportunities
• Maintain strong product knowledge and have in-depth knowledge of the Company’s products, understanding the features, benefits and applications
• Maximise the ongoing relationship with major commercial customers
• Whilst a large proportion of time will be spent travelling it will be expected that when this isn’t the case you will be working with the internal sales office on projects
• Use all the company systems and tools to carry out your role i.e. CRM etc.
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and nature of this position
• Understands and follows Company safety, health & environmental and any other Company policies and procedures
Qualifications and other requirements:
• Degree level education preferred
• Full clean driving licence
• No passport restrictions and be competent at travelling alone
• Flexible on hours requiring time away from home on Company duties
A working knowledge of the following:
• Solid background of building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, potential customers and industry contacts
• Previously lead on major sales bids or pitches, retaining customer awareness
• Able to maximise the ongoing relationship with major customers
• Applying financial understanding and understanding of wider economic business issues
• Confidence to challenge decisions and provide recommendations at Board level
• Have strong presentation skills with well-developed strategic thinking
• Export Sales knowledge is not essential but it would be a distinct advantage
• Whilst not essential it would be an distinct advantage to be able to speak Spanish
A full driving licence is essential as there will a large proportion of travel.