Health Care Assistant Posted 4 months ago - Expired 2 months ago
Care Workers/Care Assistants
Due to an increase in shifts available we are urgently looking to recruit Care Workers to join us in providing an essential service within the South Yorkshire area.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
Our Care Workers work in Nursing homes and hospitals within the South Yorkshire area.
Building a relationship with patients
• Identifying patients' special needs
• Supporting clients in their activities
• Helping with physical tasks
• Providing emotional and social support
• Working overnight
• Working with anxious or stressed people
• Being emotionally sensitive and have good humour
• Being friendly and supportive
• Being flexible and able to cope with stressful situations
• Work as part of a team with family and co-workers
• Understanding the principles of Health Care and Hygiene
Ability to work on your own, and as part of a team.
Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people.
Ability to work flexibly and creatively with service users and their families.
Ability to keep and complete accurate records.
Willingness to undertake required training (including updates).
Ability to travel to cover work allocated on the rota.