CNC Turner Setter/Operator Posted 13 days ago - Expires in 1 month
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our small, close-knit team as a turner setter/operator turner using Fanuc controls on Haas machines. Previous experience essential. The ideal candidate is hard working, takes pride in the quality of their work, is organised, clean and tidy.
CNC Turner Setter/Operator
* Sets-up lathes by using any equipment necessary.
* Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.