CNC Turner & Miller Programmer/Setter/Operator Posted 13 days ago - Expires in 1 month
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our small, close-knit team as a programmer/setter/operator miller & turner using Fanuc controls on Haas machines. Must have previous supervisory experience. The ideal candidate is hard working, takes pride in the quality of their work, is organised, clean and tidy.
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Some supervisory experience required.
* Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering drawings, materials, specifications, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
* Plans stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
* Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
* Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
* Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
* Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
* Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
* Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
* Accomplishes organisation goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.