Engineering/Operations Team Mananger Posted 10 months ago - Expired 8 months ago
Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a leading equipment maintenance company in the recruitment of an Engineering/Operations Team Manager.
Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a leading equipment maintenance company in the recruitment of an Engineering/Operations Team Manager. You will be responsible for the management of the field-based engineering team, in terms of recruitment, training & development, on-site audit, appraisal & performance management in line with the agreed budgets and targets and to ensure that the business remains compliant with all statutory, legal and financial requirements
1. Performance & Welfare Management of the field based engineers
2. Technical support & engineering solution to management & the field-based engineers
3. Stock Checks – monthly reconciliation & annual check with engineers
4. Ensure that the field-based engineers are fully compliant with the Company Quality, Environmental & Health & Safety Policies
5. Completion of required reports and following through on action points where appropriate
6. Equipment testing – ensure in line with agreed time-lines
7. Initiate prompt action/referral/follow up of issues via appropriate channels
• Recruitment – profiling, interviewing, selection
• Engineering Standards – key liaison with Engineering Department – job/task specific – working toward resolution
• Engineer planning – offer support in route planning to promote cost efficiency in job completion within designated times
• Job support – ensure relevant risk & method statements are in place together with any specific tools or equipment
• Activity Reporting & Trend Analysis – parts & labour / travel time
• Trouble-shooting / problem-resolution to Customer Services / Engineering / Engineers
• HR issues (field-based engineers) to be actioned within 48-hours liaising with HR for assistance in advice & completion of paperwork – reporting all occurrences to Commercial Director
• PPE – audit in support of central register & engineer monthly reporting
• Training – monitor training schedule & work with Customer Services to ensure relevant modules completed within relevant time-scales – identify & refer any other areas of training that can be fulfilled
• Customer liaison – offer help & advice in resolution of engineering issues
For this role, it is essential that you have strong operations experience including; leading teams (ideally field based engineering teams), recruitment & appraisals, Health & Safety legislation, planning/organising of teams etc. You must have first class communication skills including a friendly and approachable manner. Due to the nature of the role, you must have a full UK driving licence.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.