Procurement & Supply Chain Manager (Indirect Purchasing) Posted 8 months ago - Expired 7 months ago
Sue Ross Recruitment are working with a major public sector organisation in the recruitment of a Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist.
The candidate will assist with Procurement and Supply Chain management for a major strategic contract and Procurements. You will lead on lower complex and value arrangements, operating within the framework of the organisation’s procurement and contract manage strategy. A key part of the role will be to ensure compliance with procedures, process, and current contractual arrangements, and uphold excellence in the provision of procurement advice to members and managers. You will achievement best value for money following good practice and maintaining professional standards.
Duties will include:
• Taking the lead in relation to a nominated and agreed category operating within a spend area, assisting the Senior Procurement and Supply Chain Manager in managing a portfolio consisting of a single large complex contract or multiple contracts of medium scale
• Acting as the Centre of Expertise for the nominated spend area and ensuring that at all times that there is proper compliance with the overall Category Orders, Financial Regulations, European and UK Legislation on procurement
• Developing and implementing a strategy for the spend area, ensuring continuous improvement in costs and quality, and implementation of Best Practice procurement and contract management
• Working with and supporting the Management Team to ensure that the strategic objectives are achieved, through the effective Procurement and management of Contracts, ensuring value for money is achieved, realisation of benefits is maximised, robust commercials are in place and risks are managed and mitigated as appropriate
• Implementing the agreed procurement and contract management strategy for the given area, ensuring compliance to procedure, process and category management, prioritise improvement projects within the strategy in order to deliver early, optimum value for money
• Monitoring and evaluating spend, throughput on contracts and contractors to identify high or aggregated expenditure which can then be addressed in line with the developed strategy
Applicants should have excellent commercial acumen with proven experience within contracts management and purchasing, in either the public or private sector.
You will be experienced in procurement and contract management including commercial negotiation of significant value. Applicants will have strong team management skills to include training and development planning, mentoring and coaching.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.