HR Advisor Posted 4 months ago - Expired 6 months ago
We are currently working with our public sector client who are looking for an Interim HR Advisor. This is a really interesting and varied role covering all operational staff across various South Yorkshire locations.
We are currently working with our public sector client who are looking for an Interim HR Advisor. This is a really interesting and varied role covering all operational staff across various South Yorkshire locations. The role will be extremely hands on dealing predominantly with casework ie. absence management, grievance, disciplinaries, recruitment etc. You will be fully supported with a solid team structure and you will also have assistance from a HR Administrator. Your key remit will be to provide first level advice and support to employees and prospective employees on issues concerned with their employment terms and conditions, HR policies and protocols, employee support and welfare services
This is an interim role Initially until the end of August, however there is the expectation that this will most likely extend for a further 3-4 months.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• To provide first level advice to employees on issues in respect of their terms and conditions of employment; employment legislation and support and welfare services available to them.
• Provide first level advice and support to line management on HR issues including management of attendance; performance; capability and personnel policy application
• Research and draft new policies and procedures related to the Human Resources Directorate
• Verifying appropriate documentation i.e. payroll advice, contracts, changes to terms and conditions etc, when needed
• Review and streamline existing policies and procedures.
• Support management in conducting disciplinary, grievance, capability and staff welfare investigations, and present cases at hearings.
• Development and maintenance of accurate HR statistical data
• Ad-hoc projects within the Human Resources Function including the Car Parking Review, Employee Handbook
• supporting the HR Manager – Employment Services in the attainment of standards/expectations/objectives arising from the Corporate HR Strategy and People Strategy.
• Practice and promote the organisations Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies.
It is essential that you have experience within unionised environments and also experience of conducting discipline and grievance investigations and presenting at hearings. The company offer excellent salary and benefits and working hours. Candidates who have experience of working at this level, in a generalist role and with a CIPD or similar HR Qualification will be considered. Although not essential it would be beneficial if you have experience of the public sector.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.