Recruitment Consultant/Administrator (Trainee) Posted 9 days ago - Expires in 21 days
Have you ever thought about working in recruitment? If so you might be excited to hear that we are now recruiting for ourselves!
Have you ever thought about working in recruitment? If so you might be excited to hear that we are now recruiting for ourselves! Sue Ross Recruitment is a local, independent recruitment agency now in its 22nd year of business. Our Legal Division, Sue Ross Legal, are now looking to recruit a Trainee Consultant to join their small and friendly team. You will be provided with an excellent opportunity to learn about the business and division whilst, building the foundations of an exciting career in recruitment. Alongside this, you will spend two full days a week working with our administration team, where you will be providing support to the business as a whole.
Due to the split nature of this role, the successful candidate must be willing to display a high level of flexibility and, more importantly, adaptability. An ability to prioritise effectively and multi-task is essential as is being a proficient and articulate communicator. Every day is varied and you must enjoy a pressured environment, no two days are the same and priorities are constantly changing.
We are looking for a determined candidate who is driven to succeed. You must enjoy working with people, as communicating with candidates and clients is one of the most important aspects of the role. You will be informing candidates of potential new roles and therefore, you should be able to communicate in an enthusiastic, positive, engaging and persuasive manner.
The role will be split as follows:
3 full days per week in the Legal Team, supporting and working closely with the Legal Consultant, your key purpose will be to assist with the recruitment of Legal professionals at all levels for the division. A brief idea of some of the duties are:
• Handling enquiries from clients and candidates (in person, over the phone and by email)
• Reviewing applications from Junior Secretaries and Law Graduates to Partner level Solicitors
• Arranging and co-ordinating interviews
• Conducting registration interviews both face to face and over the telephone
• Utilising various job boards to source potential candidates
• Writing job adverts
• Conducting candidate searches to fill active positions
• Discussing vacancies and updating candidates and clients throughout the recruitment process
• Co-ordinating job offers and referencing
• Utilising social media to build and maintain awareness of the department
• Extensive administration tasks including diary management, appointment and interview confirmations, typing CV’s, emails and other general correspondence
• Database management and business development
• Adhering to confidentiality and compliance, ensuring all company procedures are followed accurately
• This will be a standalone role for 1 ½ days per week. As such, it is vital that you are able to stay motivated and work efficiently with minimal supervision after a period of training
2 full days per week you will be working as part of the Administration Team providing office support to the business as a whole. A brief idea of duties will include:
• Managing a busy central inbox, forwarding and actioning emails
• Diary management for a team of Consultants
• Formatting and typing CVs
• Sending out reference requests
• Answering incoming telephone calls and meeting and greeting visitors to the office
• Maintaining filing systems
• Website and job board management, uploading vacancies and other job boards
• Preparing e-shots and marketing material
• Managing social media platforms including Instagram, Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter
Located in beautiful Victorian offices near to the Cathedral, we believe our working environment is truly unique. We are a very friendly and supportive team who work hard and are passionate about placing people in their perfect role. We have a great work ethic – it is a fun place to work, but equally we are extremely dedicated and all go the extra mile to get the job done.
Now the big question … who is the right candidate for us? Perhaps you will have completed your LLB and want to use that legal knowledge but not necessarily in a law firm or maybe you have worked within a legal environment and want a change in career. While knowledge of the legal sector would be beneficial, it is not essential as training will be provided. You should, however, be willing to learn quickly and possess a strong fundamental commercial awareness. If you do not have a Legal knowledge then only candidates who have solid administration skills will be considered. You will be extremely professional, confident and a hard-working individual who is a team player. Hours of work are Monday – Friday 8.00am – 5.15pm.
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.