Head of Digital Posted 1 month ago - Expired 19 days ago
We're looking for a Head of Digital to lead and manage our Web, App and UX teams! You should have a passion for technology and strong management experience.
Are you excited to have personal input into a market leading business with global aspirations?
Twinkl is the largest online publisher of educational materials in the UK and one of the largest in the world. Our business helps millions of users in their educational endeavours and our potential to make a positive difference to the world is huge.
We’re extremely proud of the community we’ve built and take great care to recruit those who truly live by our motto: be lovely!
We’re interested in people who are:
• Good fun to be with and have the ability to communicate well with others
• Honest, trustworthy and reliable
• Hard working, passionate, driven and love what they do
• Hungry to develop their skills and grow with the business
• Comfortable working with continuous change in a dynamic environment
We strive to build and maintain a friendly, supportive and driven environment where everyone feels cared for, listened to and very much ‘part’ of the team.
As a market leader, we’re extremely fast paced and consistently find ways to disrupt our business model and products – Every day is approached with passion and energy and no two days at Twinkl are ever the same.
You will be responsible for maintaining and managing development across all applications including the Twinkl website and mobile applications, working closely with the CTO to develop our overall digital strategy. You’ll be managing senior members of our amazing Web, App and UX teams to ensure projects are prioritised effectively, working to deliver customer-focused solutions that ‘wow’ our customers, exceeding their expectations.
As a senior leader at Twinkl you’ll keep your finger on the pulse of the teaching community and will work collaboratively with our customer understanding and marketing teams to fully understand their needs. You will be excited by rapid change as we react to the market, exploring new platforms and technologies (such as augmented reality) to stay at the cutting edge of education.
• Develop a Digital Strategy and roadmap to support the business objectives
• Lead and manage the day-to-day functions of the digital teams ensuring the smooth running of all platforms - Delivering projects on time and to a high standard
• To increase the engagement of users within all of our platforms
• Lead recruitment of team members and identify areas where team skills are lacking
• Assist with developing a consistent design language across all media
• Proven experience of developing digital solutions
• Proven experience of developing a digital strategy
• Good technical understanding particularly around web technologies, mobile development and user experience
• Proven team management and leadership experience
What we offer
We're committed to helping you grow your skills, that's why we provide training in a range of different areas and encourage you to lead training in areas that you are passionate about.
Our 10% time program exists to encourage and nurture your creative flair, ability, ideas and interests. If you have a bright idea, we'd love to hear it - You could spend one afternoon per week working on a project that you're especially interested in!
We believe in our team and want them to feel supported in their work and lives. That's why we employ a mentor whose role it is to listen to you and help nurture your well-being at Twinkl.
The Twinkl team are a lovely bunch and it's always nice to spend time together trying new things and having fun! In addition to our legendary Christmas and summer parties, we host a range of social events throughout the year, such as:
• Quiz nights
• Games nights
• International food nights
• Cocktail-making nights
• Pottery painting nights
• VR nights