This page states the Terms and Conditions of Use (Terms) under which you (You) may use The Job Space.
By agreeing to these Terms, You are entering into a binding agreement with The Job Space. If You do not accept and agree to the Terms stated on this page, do not use The Job Space or any of our services.
The Job Space reserves the right to revise and amend these Terms at any time. The updated version will be posted on this page along with the revision date. You should make sure to return to this page to review our Terms regularly as they remain a binding agreement between You and The Job Space, even when amended, should you still be using our services.
If You violate any of the Terms stated on this page, You may have your access to and use of The Job Space suspended or terminated.
You must be 16 years of age or older to visit or use The Job Space. If You are under the age of 18, You must use The Job Space under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
a) The Job Space Content
By agreeing to these Terms, You are authorised by The Job Space to access and use The Job Space Content and to print and download the Content available on The Job Space for Your personal, non-commercial use. The collection, arrangement and assembly of all Content on the The Job Space is the exclusive property of The Job Space and is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws. Unauthorized use of Content on the The Job Space may violate these laws and/or applicable communications regulations and statutes, and is strictly prohibited. You must preserve all copyright, trademark, service mark and other proprietary notices contained in the original The Job Space content on any authorised copies You make.
Any code that The Job Space creates to generate or display any content or the pages making up The Job Space site is also protected by The Job Space’s copyright and You may not copy or adapt such code subject to applicable law.
You agree not to sell, modify, or misuse The Job Space Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the The Job Space Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose.
b) User Generated Content & Submissions
You understand that all information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, advertisements, messages or other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through The Job Space is solely Your responsibility. The Job Space claims no ownership or control over any User Generated Content. You or a third party licensor, as appropriate, retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any Content you submit, post or display on or through The Job Space and You are responsible for protecting those rights. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through The Job Space, you grant The Job Space a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such Content through The Job Space.
The Job Space will discontinue this licensed use within a commercially reasonable period after such Content is removed from The Job Space Site. The Job Space reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any Content in its sole discretion.
If You post Content in any public area of The Job Space Site, You permit any user to access, display, view, store and reproduce such Content for personal use. The owner of such Content placed on The Job Space Site retains any and all rights that may exist in such Content. The Job Space may review and remove any Content that violates these Terms, applicable laws, rules or regulations, is abusive, disruptive, offensive or illegal, or violates the rights of, or harms or threatens the safety of users of The Job Space.
The Job Space does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of Content, derivative works from Content, or any other communications posted by users. The Job Space does not endorse any opinions expressed by users. You acknowledge that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at Your own risk.
The following is a partial list of Content that is prohibited on The Job Space.
- is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual
- harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of any group or individual
- involves the transmission of junk mail, chain letters, or unsolicited mass mailing
- promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous
- promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images
- displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind
- provides or links to material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual, violent or other manner, or - solicits personal information from anyone under 18
- provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, including without limitation, making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating any media
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information from other users
c) Infringement of Copyright or Intellectual Property Rights Of Users
The Job Space respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorised posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owner’s rights. You agree not to use The Job Space to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. The Job Space reserves the right to terminate the accounts of any users who are repeat infringers of the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights of others.
The job posting, CV database and other features of The Job Space Site may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees. In addition, The Job Space Profiles may be used by individuals for permitted professional and personal networking purposes. Your use of The Job Space is also subject to any other contracts You may have with The Job Space. In the case of any conflict between these Terms and any contract you have with The Job Space, the terms of your contract will prevail.
You agree to not:
- take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on any The Job Space Site’s infrastructure;
- use any device to navigate or search The Job Space Site other than the tools available on the Site
- use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods
- violate or attempt to violate the security of The Job Space Site including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization
- forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting
- reverse engineer or decompile any parts of any The Job Space Site
- aggregate, copy or duplicate in any manner any of The Job Space Content or information available from The Job Space Site, including expired job postings, other than as permitted by these Terms;
- frame or link to any The Job Space Content or information available from The Job Space Site, unless permitted by these Terms
- post any content or material that promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities, or endorses or provides instructional information about illegal activities or other activities prohibited by these Terms, such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, providing or creating computer viruses or pirating media
- post any CV or Profile, or apply for any job on behalf of another party
- defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party
- set more than one copy of the same CV to visible at any one time
- share any login credentials with a third party to The Job Space Site
- access data not intended for You or logging into a server or account which You are not authorized to access
- post or submit any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not Your own to The Job Space Site
- post content that contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images
- solicit passwords or personally identifiable information from other users
- delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity
- harass, incite harassment or advocate harassment of any group, company, or individual
- send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited faxes promoting and/or advertising products or services to any user, or contact any users that have specifically requested not to be contacted by You
- attempt to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to The Job Space Site, overloading, flooding, spamming, mailbombing or crashing
- promote or endorse an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such by as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files
- use The Job Space Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, CV, or job posting that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by The Job Space’s discretion
- post any CV which is not a genuine CV and which attempts to advertise or promote products or services
Violations of system or network security may result in civil and/or criminal liability. The Job Space will investigate occurrences which may involve such violations and may involve, and cooperate with, law enforcement authorities in prosecuting users who are involved in such violations.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account, Profile and passwords. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party, temporarily or permanently, and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your The Job Space registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify The Job Space of any unauthorized use of Your account, Profile, or passwords.
Employers are solely responsible for their postings on The Job Space. The Job Space is not to be considered to be an employer with respect to Your use of The Job Space and shall not be responsible for any employment decisions made by any entity posting jobs on any The Job Space Site.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your employer account or Your employer account is terminated, all Your account information from The Job Space, including saved CVs, contacts, and email mailing lists, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from The Job Space’s databases.
In order to protect our users from commercial advertising or solicitation, The Job Space reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which an employer may send to users to a number which The Job Space deems appropriate in its sole discretion. You shall use The Job Space Profiles in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
A Job posting may not contain:
- any hyperlinks, other than those specifically authorised by The Job Space
- misleading, unreadable, or hidden keywords, repeated keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the job opportunity being presented
- the names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies other than those of your customer except where expressly agreed by The Job Space
- the names of colleges, cities, states, towns or countries that are unrelated to the posting
more than one job or job description, more than one location, or more than one job category, unless the product so allows
- inaccurate, false, or misleading information
- material or links to material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under 16
You may not use Your job posting or The Job Space to:
- post jobs in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws, including but not limited to laws relating to labor and employment, equal employment opportunity and employment eligibility requirements, data privacy, data access and use, and intellectual property
- post jobs that require citizenship of any particular country or lawful permanent residence in a country as a condition of employment, unless otherwise required in order to comply with law, regulations, executive order, or federal, state or local government contract
- post jobs that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with a job posting where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted job
- with respect to Profiles, determine eligibility for: credit or insurance for personal, family, or household purposes; employment; or a government license or benefit
- post jobs or other advertisements for competitors of The Job Space or post jobs or other content that contains links to any site competitive with The Job Space
- sell, promote or advertise products or services
- post any franchise, pyramid scheme, club membership, distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement
- post any business opportunity that requires an up front or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents
- post any business opportunity that pays commission only unless the posting clearly states that the available job pays commission only and clearly describes the product or service that the job seeker would be selling
promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment
- post jobs for modeling, acting, talent or entertainment agencies or talent scouting positions
- advertise sexual services or seek employees for jobs of a sexual nature
- request the use of human body parts or the donation of human parts, including, without limitation, reproductive services such as egg donation and surrogacy
- endorse a particular political party, political agenda, political position or issue
- promote a particular religion
- except where allowed by applicable law, post jobs which require the applicant to provide information relating to his/her racial or ethnic origin, political beliefs, philosophical or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, sexual life, the commission of criminal offences or proceedings, or age
The Job Space reserves the right to remove any job posting or content which, in the reasonable exercise of The Job Space’s discretion, does not comply with the above Terms, or if any content is posted that we believe is not in the best interest of The Job Space.
In addition to these terms and any additional contracts you have with The Job Space, You must use The Job Space CV Database in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws. You agree to not disclose any of the data from the CV Database to any third party, unless You are an authorised recruitment agency, staffing agency, advertising or other agency or using the CV explicitly for employment purposes.
You must take appropriate physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect the data You have obtained from The Job Space CV Database from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Do not use The Job Space CV Database:
- for any purpose other than as an employer seeking employees, including but not limited to advertising promotions, products, or services to any CV holders
- to make unsolicited phone calls or faxes or send unsolicited mail, email, or newsletters to CV holders or to contact any individual unless they have agreed to be contacted (where consent is required or, if express consent is not required, who has informed you that they do not want to be contacted)
- to source candidates or to contact job seekers or CV holders in regards to career fairs and business opportunities prohibited by Section 3
The Job Space reserves the right to limit the amount of data (including CV views) that may be accessed by You in any given time period.
All job seekers that register with The Job Space will be asked to create an account and a Profile using a valid email address.
Any information submitted by You to Your Profile must be accurate and describe You. You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible content and accuracy of any CV or material contained therein placed by You on the The Job Space.
The Job Space reserves the right to offer third party services and products to You based on the preferences that You identify in Your registration and at any time.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account or in Your Profile and that if You cancel Your account (or Your account is terminated), all Your account information from The Job Space (including CVs, Profiles, cover letters, saved jobs, questionnaires) may be deleted from The Job Space’s databases and will be removed from any public area of the The Job Space Site. Information may continue to be available for some period of time because of delays in propagating such deletion. Third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
The Job Space reserves the right to delete Your account and all of Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity.
The Job Space acts as, among other things, a platform for employers to post job opportunities and search for and evaluate job candidates and for candidates to post CVs and Profiles and search for and evaluate job opportunities. The Job Space does not screen or censor the listings, including Profiles offered. The Job Space is not involved in, and does not control, the actual transaction between employers and candidates therefore is not responsible for Content, the quality, safety or legality of the jobs or CVs posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer job opportunities to candidates or the ability of candidates to fill job openings. While The Job Space reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove Content, job postings, CVs or other material from the Site from time to time, The Job Space does not assume any obligation to do so and to the fullest extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom You come in contact through the The Job Space. Other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that You will use caution and common sense when using The Job Space.
The Job Space cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on The Job Space, in the event that You have a dispute with one or more Users, You release The Job Space (and our agents and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential and direct and indirect) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Job Space encourages You to keep a backup copy of any of Your Content. To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall The Job Space be liable for the deletion, loss, or unauthorised modification of any Content.
The Job Space may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by The Job Space. The Job Space is not responsible for the content of linked third-party sites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third party websites. If You decide to access linked third-party websites, You do so at Your own risk.
You agree not to resell or assign Your rights or obligations under these Terms. You also agree not to make any unauthorised commercial use of The Job Space.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless The Job Space, its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from any Content or other material You provide to The Job Space Site, Your use of any Content, or Your breach of these Terms. The Job Space shall provide notice to You promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding.
If You use The Job Space Site through a mobile device (including tablets and gaming devices), You agree that information about Your use of The Job Space through Your mobile device and carrier may be communicated to us, including but not limited to Your mobile carrier, Your mobile device, or Your physical location. When accessing The Job Space using a mobile device, You must make sure that You have authority to share the transferred data with Your mobile carrier or other access provider. In the event You change or deactivate Your mobile account, You must promptly update Your account information to ensure that Your messages are not sent to the person that acquires Your old number and failure to do so is Your responsibility. You acknowledge You are responsible for all charges and necessary permissions related to accessing the The Job Space through Your mobile access provider.
By using any downloadable application to enable Your use of The Job Space, You are explicitly confirming Your acceptance of the terms of the End User License Agreement associated with the Application provided at download or installation, or as may be updated from time to time.
These Terms will remain in full force and effect while You are a user of The Job Space. The Job Space reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pursue all of its legal remedies, including but not limited to removal of Your Content from the The Job Space and immediate termination of Your registration with or ability to access The Job Space upon any breach by You of these Terms. This is also applicable if The Job Space is unable to verify or authenticate any information You submit during your account registration.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, THEJOBSPACE.COM’ MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY THEJOBSPACE.COM SITE OR YOUR USE OF THE THEJOBSPACE.COM CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED £100.